Monday, June 15, 2009

Open Office

I'm also looking into using this... OpenOffice.org.
This isn't directly related to digital scrapbooking, but since it has something to do with my computer work, I'm blogging it here ;). I've heard so many good things about this program. It takes up less room on the hd than the alternative word processors. It isn't microsoft. It is also supposedly able to open all .doc files and convert to .pdf right in the program! But the best part is, it's FREE! I have downloaded it, just haven't installed yet. Oh the anticipation!

I'm just so nervous about making such a big life change! MS Office is like a pair of old slippers, it's comfortable. Buying a new pair of slippers would entail a lot of wearing in and stuff... a little unfamiliar at first, but maybe OO could turn out to be a better fit after all?

Here's a tutorial for adding clip art into the program

That link there's for when I actually get the nerve up to make the switch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment